Monday, April 11, 2011

Japan Raises The Roof

Today Japanese officials have raised their nuclear disaster status to level 7, the highest level on the chart for disasters, after measuring massive amounts of radiation at the Fukushima plant.
Somehow, even though I'm not at all surprised by this, I'm still in a state of shock. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Chernobyl part 2. 
Now, no shit, it's not quite as bad as Chernobyl...YET...but this is only the 2nd time in history a nuclear disaster has ranked at the highest level (7). With how many hydrogen explosions, spent fuel rods melting, power failures, and radiation leaks the Japanese have had to deal with since their Tsunami/Quake, I'm quite literally struggling to see any positives coming from all of this. As good as the Japanese are at turning shit around (hell we bombed them back to the stone age twice in a row in WW2) It's still going to take them a shit load of time, money, resources, and effort to turn the frowns upside down. 

Really honestly, as much as I make fun of everyone no matter what color or shape you are, I really do want to say I am keeping that island in my thoughts and hope the hell stops for them sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment